Wednesday 27 January 2010

Argh, Why No Love Mr, Jobs?!??!

The Microsoft gods haven't stopped kicking me in the nuts since I bought my iPhone last week, from the moment I tore the plastic off the box.

Horrified that my hands left smudge trails on the screen, I started to search through the box for the cleaning cloth that was supposed to come with it, only to find it wasn't there, before discovering my USB ports were all full, so I had to spent 5 minutes risking electrocution trying to free up one so I could get it registered and fully activated.

Then I lost my wireless password, prompting another hour or so of trial and error before I finally gave up and called Singtel, with the school's own wireless networks showing me very little love as well, refusing to be in range unless I was standing in the library. And then I couldn't even play Mousehunt with it due to some issues with Safari, causing it to show only a blank screen when I tried to access it during school.

So until Friday I was left with an iPhone that did nothing but ring at inopportune moments when I was trying to get a connection in the library, and cheat at poker. Seriously, it cheats. It pulled out a four of a kind after I bet everything on a full house (At the time of writing, it just deleted my progress in Governor of Poker)

On the bright side, school's turning out to be pretty okay. No more PW, so I end earlier, and coincidentally on the days I don't have training, I haven't fallen behind, done all my homework (ie subjects I care about), while still finding time to play MW2.

Wait, actually, no. Half my good teachers got swapped for terrible ones, and some weird infection is going around the team, which causes odd lumps to start forming on you before they burst on impact and sting like a bitch when exposed to dirt. The new J1's just came in, so the canteen is crowded (more so than usual).

Then again, they haven't realized the library is a good place to crash, so my sanctuary is safe for now.

No comments: