Sunday 14 February 2010

I R 18!!!!

Bloggeh is also 3 years old today!

*Blows party streamers*

As of now, there are currently 2 cans worth of Carlsberg circulating around in me, so holding on to my sobriety as I write this will be a problem.

I opened my eyes to, ready to greet the world for the first time at the age of 18. It was going to be an awesome day, with the CWC welcome tea and training after that, with mostly AFKable classes in between. I got out of bed, seeing the first rays of daybreak peeking through my window as they heralded the arrival of the sun as it ascended towards the heavens. Somewhere outside a bird started chirping. And I actually just laid back and watched it, reveling in the beauty of such a spectacle of the natural world.

Before I realized it was almost 7

Which means I got to school late, which means you have to go to detention, unlike SJI where it means reminding the prefects on duty that writing your name down is a waste of valuable energy. Silently cursing my Fat Ninja and No Profile perks for letting me down in my hour of need.

But Fate does pick me up and dust me off once it's done laughing at me (if only to ensure I survive till the next time it's bored). My class brought out a cake for me, which was honestly a pleasant surprise, with Alex (I think) throwing in a couple of marshmellow sticks that 2SB7 was selling. Well, the whole awkwardity thing was still there, but for a while it became comfortable awkward. Don't ask me to explain. It was probably the balloon Alice got me, which floated around my head like my own personal anti-aircraft mine.

I spent the rest of the day getting numerous happy birthdays from just about everyone I met in the hallways (It was probably the balloon), while at the same time thinking about what to do to get out of detention. Bad enough it was a training day, but it was the day of the CWC welcome tea. AND my friggin 18th birthday. I eventually came up with a four-tier plan, complete with three back-ups in case the previous one failed, that even Artemis Fowl would have been proud of.

----
Plan A : Pay someone to pretend to be me since my eZ-link card photo is from Primary 1, so it wouldn't be too hard to pass someone off as me if they checked.

Plan B : Make up a convincing story to get out of jail. (I AM part of the CWC)

Plan C : Leverage on the fact that it was on my birthday to try and get the teacher release me out of pity.

Plan D : Stash my bag somewhere, sign in for detention, pretend to go to the toilet and run for sweet freedom.
----

Unfortunately, I couldn't ask the rugby guys or the CWC people to stand in for me, and that being almost my entire social circle, I was pretty much screwed for A, because everyone else I knew that was not in those two catergories was busy.

Plan B and C crashed immediately upon finding out the detention teacher on duty was the schizo chem teacher lady, who has a black hole where her soul should be, so no story no matter how convincing would work.

Plan D never got implented. It was Sarah's fault mostly. She was hanging on to my iPhone to Facebook, and she got me too interested in what exactly she was trying to hide for me to stash my bag somewhere else, and I only got it back from her when the detention teacher arrived.

So I spent the next hour and a half with CK, who borrowed the first page of my Tutorial 23 to sleep on so he could pretend to be doing work, while exchanging bored glances with Manfred.

Thankfully, schizo lady said because none of us fell asleep, used earphones, talked or played MonsterKill, Governor of Poker, Chess or any sort of app from the Apps Store (because she apparently has tunnel vision), she was going to let us off....10 minutes early.

But it was enough to rush down and get the pizza and my second birthday cake from the CWC, as well as briefly meet the new CWC juniors and watch Jeannel and Sarah fight over my iPhone again to sound their horns on Mousehunt.

After extricating my phone from Sarah (again), I rushed off to training where Rong decided it was time for him to have some fun, so we ran the usual suicides and clotheshangers. As we sat there stretching when we were done, exhausted and possibly in catatonic shock, Rong asked all the birthday boys for the week (Me, Kun and Shafiq) to stand up. And keep their boots on.

He decided that singing Happy Birthday was for faggots, so he ordered the rest of the team to carry all three of us around the track once. So five minutes of much good-natured swearing, countless reminders to lose weight and threats to throw me into the pool, we were headed home.

I sent the balloon up into the night sky. I've always like to give my belongings a Viking funeral, and I simply couldn't bear to just throw the balloon away, since it was losing helium.

Just finished reading all the hilarious birthday posts from everyone.

Winner is still Gerald's post from last year.

"May the skies rain mayonnaise!"

Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got to look at the night sky again, this time after the third Carlsberg.

No comments: