Wednesday 18 February 2009

I R 17!

-----
Gerald : HAPPY B'DAY MICROO/CHENG HENG! May the skies rain mayo^^
-----

Gerald, I'll remember that line for many birthdays to come!

Happy birthday to me lulz!

Wait, no. "Happy birthday to me" must be one of the loneliest-sounding phrases around, given how it's only said by people who are absolutely alone on their own very special day of the year.

Which quite thankfully, I'm not.

The so-called AC tradition of being rolled around in a dustbin on your birthday seems to have over-looked with thankfully. Being found only when you want to has it's uses sometimes 8 )

Speaking of which, we've just been sorted out into our actual classes. Now, I have switched from Corryn to 1SB2. What I don't get is them making us have orientation with one group of people, then proceed to swap us to a totally new bunch of people we are completely unfamiliar with, thereby neutralizing the point of having gone through all that bonding.

Ah well, the Lord works in strange ways. Pity though, I was just starting to warm up to everyone in Corryn. No one going with me since they either don't take H2 Physics, or didn't get the same score as me...

On the bright side, they did at least post me together with Nick Lam, so I had at least one familiar face in the crowd. It certainly made up somewhat for what happened next.

The teacher in charge...well...how do I put this nicely........

*Warning*

ERROR 144 : Aformentioned action is not possible

*Warning*

Ah nuts, never mind, you get the idea.

Still, the last thing I felt was a major problem in this school conveniently solved itself, so maybe if I sit back and do nothing, it'll eventually fix itself.'

Fortunately, the other people in the class seem to be okay people. Thank the heavens they got rid (I think) of the old system where the better your O-Level score, the lower your class number, so I'm not stuck with a influx of scholars/workaholic China studenets/nerds. It's great being a Medic in TF2, but it's NOT funny if the entire team consists of Medics. Even I have a limit of how much over-enthusiasm concerning homework, and I live with myself, so that just means the leeway is not exactly large...

Meh, what am I saying, all the ASEAN scholars I've met in SJI are friendly guys, and I enjoy the tag of nerd, but like I said, Medic is fun to play, but whole team Medic = GGed with no remake.

With 13 minutes till 18th of Feburary is over, I've been contemplating what being 17 entails. Doesn't unlock the next level movie ratings. Doesn't allow me to drive yet. Doesn't allow me to buy alcohol or get into clubs, not that I'd try because I'm too damn lazy/lifeless.

In short, just me getting older. Uh-oh... Staying at this age is fine with me personally. Most people my age just can't wait to hit 18/21. I can't understand why, except perhaps for the driving bit, and it's not that hard to drive anyway.

Hehe, look at me, already thinking about how to stay young at 17. Can't imagine what'll happen if I hit 30. Or whether I will hit 30, if I decide to continue my titration habits here.

No comments: