Thursday 29 January 2009

IT LIVES!! IT LIV- Ouch, Son of A...

HE LIVES!! HE LIVES!! *Maniacal cackle* What? Creation, what are you doin- OUCH! Bad creation! You do not zap Dr Frankenstein with your remaining static char- OUCH! Finally succeeded in convincing my parents I was putting together a computer out of nothing but spare parts. Started on last Wednesday, actually *technically* finished the assembly on Thursday afternoon, it actually booted up much to my relief. Then the problems hit. First thing I noticed was that there was an apparent leak somewhere in the power supply, because I kept getting an electric shock from the casing... In Tim's book of the 5 common stages that need to be troubleshooted after assembly, I hit 4 of them.

In face of an OS that refused to install, a belligerent proto-computer that insisted on trying to kill it's creator via electrocution, and a fast approaching Chinese New Year, I surrendered and turned it in to the experts at Sim Lim who I assumed would magically fix it with their superior knowledge of the machine spirit I had somehow pissed off.

And more problems turned up. My motherboard had somehow burned itself out, and I would have to wait until next Friday (tomorrow) to see if they could fix it.


Damn. I thought I had raised ein Ubercomputer, able to match Bryant's own (RAMwise anyway), able to let me play TF2 without slowing down when three Medics activate their Ubers at the same time and three sentries fire at their patients, or play COD4 and shrug off the idiots who think its funny to toss 3 smoke grenades at the same time to force others to lag.

Instead, it seems I've failed miserably at playing computer technician. Oh well, I guess I'll know tomorrow if it can be saved.

At the same time, I'll know for certain tomorrow if I'll be in ACJC. You never know what happens in the postings, you hear all these stories...

Its strange thought, heading to the ACS family, after 4 years of being taught to jump on cars with an ACS sticker on their windscreens. Doesn't help that I've been trying to look for Dan Abnett's Traitor General, but if they ever ask though, SJI first.

Oh yes, I found this picture on icanhascheezburger.com, in their lookalikes section.



While they do look remarkably alike, I'm sure Bryant can tell us what else is similar about these two pictures.

No comments: