Tuesday 13 January 2009

WE ARE LEGION!!

8 points!! WIN!! I R WINNAR!! 7 A's!!

And that was all that filled my head as I collected my results on Monday. The hall was filtered out.

Got together with Sam and Bryant to let loose a raucous "WE ARE LEGION!" in the middle of the hall. I guess it wasn't exactly appropriate to those who didn't do well, looking back though.

Hehe, 3 days on, and it still makes me happy to think that I'm finally a true free man. Everyone else seems happy with their results, Bryant has 9, Sam has a 13 but he doesn't really care because it's enough for Trinity, Tim K has a 6 (Duh).

Best looking option so far would be ACJC Science stream. It's a bit far (Okay, very far), but it's good, there are plenty of SJI guys going there and there are plenty of SJI guys already there.

So far, Bryant, Ray and Kaiyang are putting it as their first choice, and so will Tim K as long as he doesn't get the call from ACSI (IB) teacher. Tim Foo has DSA'ed himself there, so he's going there whether he likes it or not.

To be honest, I did consider going for the IB program as well. The Net searches seem to say that IB is the new in-thing, but I'm one to listen to all sides. Apparently, while US colleges hold the IB in higher esteem than the A-Levels, the opposite seems to be true in the U.K.

A 41 and a 44 pointer (Out of a score of 45) in the IB were shown the door at Oxford and Cambridge, where an applicant with 3 A's in his/her A-Levels was accepted.

Considering I don't really have any plans to head all the way across to the US to study, yeah, bugger that. I've had enough of being a damned guinea pig in all these new educational schemes that very often tend to crash and burn (Yes, whoever thought up TDP in SJI must die).

No comments: