Wednesday 18 June 2008

Strange New Directions...

The holidays have passed in a haze (But what's new there?). Haven't exactly finished all that we were supposed to do for holiday homework (Again, what's new there).

Strange new directions were all over this month of June.

------------
CAD webcomic
------------

Ctrl-Alt-Del has decided to head in a very, very different direction from its easy and light-hearted humour. Tim Buckley has decided to add a very serious side to it, by having Lilah have a miscarriage (*GASP*). Take a look for yourself, if you haven't seen it already When I first saw it, the first thing I thought was "WTF?" The next was "WTF!" The rest were pretty much the same. Apparently, I wasn't the only one to think that, the guys on the CAD forums hit 16 pages of posts in a single day.


----------------------------
Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles
----------------------------

My little secret pastime when no one's looking that no one knows. Anyone who has my MSN that is... (And no Sam, contrary to what you believe, it is *NOT*, I repeat, *NOT* hentai).

In the year that I haven't touched it, its storyline has decided it had to become even more confusing. It turns out the Syaoran and Sakura at the beginning were both clones of the originals, Sakura has now taken to wearing Gothic clothing and becoming all ice-queen like, the actual Syaoran turns out to be the son of the *original* Li Syaoran and *original* Sakura Kinomoto from the CCS series, and that Syaoran isn't his actual name, which clears up a lot of the timeline plot holes actually.

But it's even more creepy since he's fallen in love with a girl that doesn't just look like, but looks identical like his mother. Made me blow out a few neurons in horror, that's for sure...

CLAMP is also now trying to make a giant multiverse of all their series with Yuuko as the link it all being the Dimension Witch and all.

Its all probably old news to a die-hard fan (Which I am not), but I've built quite a reputation for being a lagger.

------------

Gee whiz, and here I was worrying that my...Wait, never mind, I said nothing. You didn't see anything! *Lowers self into manhole*

Oh yes, if you can, go out and catch Kung Fu Panda. It follows the life of Po, an overweight panda who is stuck looking after a noodle shop with his father (Who is a goose, don't ask me how that works out), but wants to learn Kung Fu, and join the Furious Five, a group of the best Kung Fu fighters in China, comprising of a tigress, a snake, a monkey, a stork and a praying mantis. Not going to write more because I don't want to spoil it, and also because I am a lazy ass.

My favourite line was this one

-------
Father : Son! You had the noodle dream! Oh! Perhaps it is the time to tell you the secret ingredient to our secret soup, which I learnt from my father! *Hugs portrait of an goose* Who learnt it from his father! *Hugs portrait of another goose* Who learnt it from one of his friends after beating him in a mahjong game. *Points to a portrait of a pig*
-------

Or perhaps this

------
Po : Omigod! Omigod! OMIGOD! YOU'RE ALL SO MUCH BIGGER THAN YOUR ACTION FIGURES! Well, except for you Mantis, you're about the same size.

Mantis : (Insulted screech)
------

No comments: