Thursday 1 May 2008

An End and A Beginning

Well, Mid Years have officially started, had the Chinese papers on Monday, which actually went okay as far as Chinese is concerned. It bodes well indeed, the real deal is in a month's time...

Anyway, FINALLY got my medal for rugby yesterday. Its close to a month after our last match, but I can't really get too angry at Mr. Nathan, not after he turfed Eugene Chong out of the front row so I could get a seat there during the photo taking, since I had been with the team about 3 years longer than he had.

It kind of brought a finality of it all, that I've graduated from the team. I felt it coming off from the last game from St. Andrews, watching a match being played without any of the senior players, but it never impacted on me this hard, that its all over now. The memories of the whole time just went round and round my head. First match, first tackle (It HURT), first charge, first gaffe (I make it a point to make everyone laugh when I step on the field, ask around). It sounds like I'm getting awfully worked up about this, but unlike a LOT of people I know, I actually enjoy my CCA, and my team.

I'm not sure if I can train under another coach aside from Teo though. I might only ever had trained under him, but its easy to tell he's better than the rest of the coaches. It'll be hard to get used to a lesser coach, after taking him as the benchmark.

Will I continue rugby in JC? Certainly, if its available where I go, and I can make the team.

Thanks for the memories guys.

Sigh, after thinking through all that I feel so melancholic....

Well, there was one event yesterday that I must mention. Khai Sam had managed to convince me to stay back for Mr. Tang's extra lesson. While waiting, we got bored, and Zhongxi attempted to jump over moving OHP cart, and let it sail harmlessly under him as he balanced on top of two chairs on either side of him. Sounded like something straight out of Mythbusters.

Of course, on his third attempted, he not only came within inches of qualifying to work in the ancient Forbidden City, he also bruised himself badly, the said bruise being the size of his hand, causing him to whine and call out for his mummy all throughout Mr. Tang's extra lesson. And thats why they tell kids that not to try this or that at home!

No comments: