Thursday 7 February 2008

I R Irked

Righto, I'll get started, there be much things I feel I have to whine, bitch and complain about like a little girl in the week.

My loss to Shen Shin on Eden
----------------------------
On their traditional Frag Day, we went to settle an old score that had lasted between me and Shen Shin in Dark Crusade. Having never actually played against each other, with only reports of each other's skill from other people, I arrived at the LAN center to attempt to dethrone a champion. Shen Shin on the other hand, though he claims he treats "all opponents with respect despite their win rate", thought he was here to partake in a clay pigeon shoot.

The Space Marines of Darassuum Kad Chapter would face off the Guardians of Craftworld Thaelecon. I struck fast, with three Guardian squads savaging his base within 2 minutes of the start, targeting his Servitors before they could bring the heavy bolter turrets online. His Scout marines offered little resistance, and for a short moment, I was completely unopposed. My Dark Reapers began to arrive, just in time as the supersoldiers of the Adeptus Astartes emerged from their barracks, who fell quickly once the agents of Khaine brought their Reaper cannons to bear. Somewhere in the background I could hear Sam saying "Shen Shin, now's a good time to pick up the pace!!" For first time, probably in a long time, the Darassuum Kad Chapter looked like it would not triumph. 5 squads of Dark Reapers fired death and destruction into the crowd of Guardians and Space Marines led by their Brother-Captain.

I don't know how, but somehow, my attack was beginning to be pushed back. Guardians fell as bolter rounds tore into them. Dark Reapers, tied up in melee combat by Assault Marines, were unable to fire their Reaper cannons. My attack force was but scattered bodies on the ground as Grey Knights screamed for my Webway Assembly to be destroyed. Goliath had won once more.

My loss didn't come as surprise to anyone, even to myself. Now here's the bit that really gets I R irked.

--------------
Shen Shin : So beat that rush.
Bryant : I think Cheng Heng will have the last laugh when the final year results come out...
Shen Shin : Apathy... I don't care about studying...
--------------
A week earlier...
--------------
(Chinese test results are back)
Me :Son of a *****, 23...
Shen Shin: What you get??
Me : 23....
Shen Shin: HA!! 32!! IN YOUR FACE!!
--------------
Now, I've known Shen Shin to be a lot of things, mainly fanatical and fascist/Communist/Idealist (Dreamer if you ask me). He's the kind of guy you can picture as the Chairman of some banana Communist republic 20 years down the road. I'm serious, when Mr Chua asked him how he'd solve world poverty in RME, he replied "A Communist revolution." He claimed that "Communism isn't bad" in Full History according to Matthew. Hypocrite isn't one of them, guess I'm going to have to add that to the list now...
--------------------

On to the next subject I wish to whine about now...

Loss of my handphone
---------------------
All started with Luohan wanting to take a picture in school. Since his phone didn't have external memory, I offered mine up. Of course, of all places he could have picked, he picked the teachers conference room. While a conference was on... Still, I agreed to take the photo, so I guess its partially my fault, but Ms. Tan came out, took one look at Luohan and Co. posing for the shot, and confiscated my phone, telling me to see my HOL. With Frag Day being the next day, and my birthday party on the 9th, I picked a REALLY good time to get my phone confiscated till the end of the term.

!!!Warning!!! Sarcasm levels have reached Byrant-class levels, protective measures must be taken. OOGA BOOGA!!
----------------------------

Right, now that all that's been out of my system, I can finally get on with more important things, like studying and organizing my birthday party.

No comments: