Thursday 7 February 2008

Clouds and Cosmos

Night had fallen as I returned home
With weary arms and aching bones
Yet, despite my pack weighing down on me
I couldn't help but stop and see
To gaze up into the pristine night sky
That alluring sight before my eyes

Clouds rolling across the inky black night
So peaceful, so quiet, so calming a sight
The blazing sun gone, replaced by the moon
And although the clouds heralded rain quite soon
I paused awhile to look up at
That endless, free flowing rolling sky that
Stretched out beyond the eye can see

That boundless spectacle made me
Feel so insignificant, so tiny and small
Compared to the cosmos, the stars and all
A tiny speck in a realm so huge
I'm just one person, in my personal refuge

The first raindrops shake me from my starry sojourn
And through the rain, I continue my return

No comments: