Sunday 10 February 2008

A Happy Birthday, To Me, And My Blog

Chinese New Year was a blast this time, but there was no 360 fund to collect for unlike last year. Family all around, hong baos being given, its a great time of the year, probably the best as well. Being Chinese New Year also reminded me that my blog is now slightly more than a year old now, since my first post was somewhere in the heart of it. My first post was also pretty close to my birthday last year, which is what I'll be talking about in this one as well.

Decided to bump the celebrations earlier to today since my actual birthday is the 18th of February, better known as Common Test Day 1, and I doubt too many people would be in a celebratory mood.

Tim Foo probably forgot to come, and Sam was sick, so in the end only Tim Kwok, Matthew, Bryant and Jem turned up. Of course, that had its advantages too, namely not having to pass controllers around so much. Bryant brought his Gamecube, thank goodness, since Jem brought his 360, but forgot his video cable...

Anyhow, we played Super Smash Brothers Melee, with human opponents I could actually had a decent chance of winning against. Bryant and Super Smash is Shen Shin is to Dark Crusade. Played my usual Kirby, refusing to forsake the little fluff ball who can mysteriously pull out swords and hammers 4 times his body length out of the air. Jem was not much competition since he wasn't really listening to the tutorial video, and Tim didn't see the tutorial at all. Matthew was content thrashing my AI+ maps in DotA on my laptop, periodically calling me in to show off his 30+ kills against 3 opponents.

Tried to hustle up some blood pressure pills for Bryant before I started on RE4, he always has fits when he watches me play, and today was no different. Didn't help that I entered the Verdugo stage at the time. Amazingly, I managed to get most of the prompts to dodge the Verdugo's attacks, my reaction time not encumbered by the "six second stun time" my team claims I have. Matthew wonders why I can't do that on the field where it counts, and proceeds to tell everyone of the photo that someone took of me stoning while everyone else was running in a match.

Had dinner at around at around 6:30, got a few pictures of it





Ah Sam, what you missed... There was much steak to be had...

My parents had to send Jem back home since he was supposed to have left my house 5 minutes after 8:30, and he lives in Clementi, so he had quite a distance to cover. Tim had a couple of rounds of disastrous rounds of Mercenaries before his dad came to pick him somewhere around nine to ten, and Matthew hitched a ride with him. Bryant stayed to play Super Smash till about half past eleven with us since he stays just a few streets away.

Then all of a sudden at around 12:15, my mum tells me that there's a kid outside our gate with a bike, and its probably Bryant. I go do to check, and what do you know, it is him.

-------------
Bryant : Okay, its a pretty strange request, but can I borrow two eggs??
Me : No kidding thats strange, what in the world do you need eggs for at this hour?

Bryant : My sis wants them, she's baking...
Me : Who the hell bakes at this hour?? And why didn't you ring the bell??
Bryant : Didn't want to wake anyone up. Tried to call you 4 times
Me : I don't have my phone remember??
------------

Ah well, its the end of another great birthday and Chinese New Year, thanks to all the guys who came, really enjoyed having you guys here.

No comments: