Wednesday 10 October 2007

And the guns fall silent....

Its over. Hour, after hour, after hour of training and practice was put to the test over the last few weeks. Our classroom turned into a battleground, one on which we fought with the proverbial and literal pen instead of the sword (Or if preferred, Spartan Laser), all fighting for the same cause. For two weeks, pens did battle with the dreaded exam papers, the annoying piece of **** who was whistling the Gundam Seed Destiny intro during one exam, and that open window which my English paper fell out of. All re-entered the classroom the classroom today and on Thursday at sunrise (except for Zhongxi, who sauntered in at 0930 today), to hear that final affirming or condemning verdict. Some have triumphed, some have fallen, all our fates final, and none shall be retained. I think. To the triumphant, a job well done. To the fallen, and a certain few more so, I offer you my condolences and a hand to get back on your feet. The fight is finished, you have earned your rest. Most anyway.

Okay, I know that was melodramatic, but I just felt it was sort of right in a way. I won't go too much into detail about my marks because of certain seeing (yes, seeing) circumstances. Just know that I did pretty good. At 13 for L1R5, such a mark would get me maybe, second or third in my class, but 20 or 30 in others. My hand and back are still sore from my celebratory bicycle kick on the mean, evil, and unfortunately solid class floor, my legs are shell shocked from my first training in months, and Dark Crusade won't run on my laptop, but other than that I'm feeling right chipper, having once again shown, da Slummer is much more intelligent than he looks. 4+2+1+1+2+3

I headed for my first rugby training in months in apprehension. I saw the danger signs (Even our ra-ra enthu tackler was doing a bunk), but I'm not exactly sure why I went. Didn't turn out to be so bad though, given that at last, we have been handed the power to lord it over the Sec 1's and 2's, and order then them on suicide P.T sessions while we waved and smiled while checking the stop watch and telling them they had 15 seconds to finish their current round before the next one started. To settle my conscience, I ran the 2.4 with them, but thats about it. When Loy needed to leave, lap timing and the rest of the P.T was left to me. Being more approachable than our captain in the wings, my juniors had a really endearing conversation with my in the three minutes they had to recuperate before the next torture segme... I mean training stage.

Ollie : Micro??

Micro : Yes??

Ollie : Sprints aren't compulsory for the Sec 2's right??

Micro : True, unless I didn't feel like it and ordered you back on the track.

Ollie : But you wouldn't do that right?? I mean, you're a nice guy man, you're Micro!

Micro : Maybe I am. That is a rather large quantity of 100 plus you are holding.

Ollie : So you won't force us to sprint??

Micro : I'll see....


Man, authority is fun!! All the Sec 3's are relishing our small period of time as rulers of the roost. Bryant and Sam lead fencing P.T if it ever happens, and Gerard allows for a certain someone to skip it as a birthday present in the even that it does, on one end of the track Damien S is strutting around in all his glory as parade master, on another Adam is twirling his baton while screwing his juniors over, and the both of them blocking the running path of my juniors with their own underlings.

Resident Evil : Extinction has come out. Admittedly, neither of the two prequels have stuck to the game storyline. I mean, the U.B.C.S and Carlos Oliveria are supposed to be noobs, not an actual special forces unit or a seasoned combat veteran. But I shall still find a way to watch it anyway. A friend like FL will come in useful right about now, maybe I should try to get her to come with me, given certain limitations on it.......

No comments: