Tuesday 16 October 2007

The Great Outdoors.... Can we go home now??

Cramming all the benefits of modern civilization as fast as I can for the next few days, since on Friday, the school will pack me off to be and ACE leader in the wilderness of Kluang. My own experience as a camper there last year wasn't exactly pleasant. On the first night, some idiot slashed a couple of tents, which lead to everyone being dragged up to the big hill where the teachers stayed with a roof over their heads, and being forced to squat for an hour or so while the teachers and camp facilitators interrogated suspects one by one. We all went to back to our tents at around 2. Then blasted awake at 6 for a PT run. Keep in mind, this is the first night, so imagine the rest of the four day camp. Some cracked of course, like normally mild-mannered Tim giving me the finger when I asked him how the rafting went.

So why the heck did I volunteer to go back for round 2?? Well, I didn't, its a package deal if I want to go to OBS Sabah. At least this time, I go as a leader. However, it still doesn't make up for some rather significant losses when I'm away from Friday to Monday.

1. I miss the Rugby World Cup Final (NOOO!!!!)
2. I miss the street party this Saturday (NOOO!!)
3. I don't get to go on flag day with the fencers and do what fencers do on flag day

Sigh.....


I have yet to beat any opponent on Dark Crusade on Standard Level, and almost got killed twice while Barrowing with Gerald. It is a dark day, though school was spent throwing numerous objects at each other since there were no real classes.

No comments: