Tuesday 5 June 2007

Don't you just love that freedom

Ah, the holidays. Beautiful times, despite the fact my parents are back. Days just float by, and one just wakes up at 10 or 11 in the morning..........


Went to Sam's place yesterday on the pretence of doing a project. Well, we did actually work on the Humanities article for half an hour or so, digging through newspapers. We've got a few articles for international, geography and recent events, but we can't remember what we were supposed to get for literature and history, and we don't have the rubrics. Bryant is in the capital of animae and sushi, so he's off the grid. As for Zhongxi, well, never mind. I didn't even know that he was in our group. Ms. Matthews dire warnings rings loudly again.....

Sam felt the best way to relieve our troubles was a few rounds of Gears. In the first match Sam decided to go with the Colonel Hoffman and I went with the Theron Guard. While Hoffman does look fancy with his jet black armour, it didn't do him much good in Gridlock. I camped out at the Longshot spawn, intending to try out sniping. Sam never gave me the chance to use it when he charged straight up with a Gnasher. Ordinarily this thing is Chainsaw Man's worst enemy, but by spamming the roll button, the Theron Guard leapt out of harm's way and countered quickly with a raised chainsaw. Old Hoffman didn't have a chance. Time and again we raced to the Longshot spawn, but this time Sam was more accurate with his Gnasher and the scoreboard showed 1-1 with pieces of Theron Guard rolling down the stairs in the background. I finally got to use the Longshot in the third round, but I soon learnt that I wasn't much of a head sifter. Standing up to fire at Sam, I took too long to aim, and soon my scope was filled with the smoke trail of a Boomshot round. 1-2

I caught Sam on a badly timed run twice, Colonel Hoffman being sawed on both occasions, thus resulting in my first ever multiplayer win. Sam looked mad enough to rip a phone book, and I lost the next 2 matches 3-0. We went on to campaign next, playing Act 2 with Lancers. We proved that the staple weapon of Gears is much more effective than just Torque Bows. Then again, I probably don't like the bows cause I never learnt how to fire one properly. Boltok pistols should be given more credit though, they aren't bad for mid-range firefights.

My preferred build of weapons would be something like

Boltok for the pistol
Lancer for short to mid-range firefights
Longshot for sifting heads at long range


Planning on doing Slug Menace so I can use proselyte armour, but the problem is one needs 30 runecraft to do it. I have never bothered raising runecraft, so its pretty low. Getting essence to train on is a pain too. I don't need pure essence, but that's all people sell.........

No comments: