Saturday 16 June 2007

Days float by......

Finally managing to spur ourselves to finish up the holiday projects, though Bryant and I faced more problems than we expected. Since the newspaper articles were all at Sam's place and he was in Amsterdam (Probably getting a LAP dance!), we had to go with the Physics projects instead. Turns out, Sam had already written all the questions for our Physics article, it wasn't hard for us to find a matching article for it. The bridge was another matter. Having three options for the bridge project, we could either

1. Write a poem about a bridge to a girl who crosses daily (Must contain Physics concepts)
2.Build a scale model of a bridge
3. Wait, I can't remember, but it wasn't viable anyway

Writing a few phrases seemed so much easier than the other two, but Wikipedia and Google had failed us for once, everything we found was either too simple or too complicated, and we could find nothing that could clearly state the concepts behind a bloody bridge, other than the fact that the forces acting on the bridge must be in equilibrium, and an arc bridge for some reason is more stable. In the end we gave up, Bryant recalling Sam saying that building a bridge was "The easiest thing in the world". We moved on to the online worksheets on matrices later on, only to discover what a lousy programmer Anthony Khoo was. I typed the correct answer which I was pretty sure of, and instead of showing -0.5, the worksheet mysteriously converted it to -1 and told me I was wrong..........

We stopped for lunch, which was a rather nervous affair for me. Meals at someone else's house has always made me jittery, as parents are usually present for them (How I'll face my future in-laws, I have no idea) , and the way one eats could easily cause a bad impression, so I always try to watch myself. I had the feeling that I needed to keep higher degree of formality than my norm around the Chans. As we sat down at the table I couldn't think of anything meaningful to add to the conversation so I kept silent at. Bryant's mother had fried up some cheese omelettes which were definitely good, and I was beginning to relax a bit until they brought out the salad. Now here I was in a real fix. Though I'm generally okay with most plants, I've always loathed tomatoes (They make me nauseous), trying everything from throwing up to hiding the mushy rubbish in my pocket to avoid consuming them in my younger days. With no way to turn the salad down politely, I had no choice but to eat it all while trying to hold back the wave of nausea, not easy when you're still sick. At least it was fresh, can't imagine if it wasn't. Wonder why all of Bryant's sisters mistake me for Sam.

Getting through that in one piece with hopefully a neutral impression, we got back to work. Or at least, we tried too. In the end we got lazy again and watched a few game trailers. Heavenly Sword looks like a likely champion for the PS3. After watching some nutter knife El Gigante to death in Resident Evil 4, I suggested we try to replicate it. Sadly, even with a pistol, shotgun and rifle, we were nowhere close to repeating his 133t feat.......

Things Done Since Last Post: -Finished off Chemistry and Physics homework

No comments: