Saturday 26 May 2007

Yes!!!!

Well, I got 6th in class, despite Elec History and English under performing. If not for my practical for Physics scything my A1 down to a B3, I could have made a bid for 5th or higher. Then again, there isn't really much to complain about. Bryant was really sad about his results and 12th position, and I really have to empathize with the guy. Both of us are in the same pressure cooker, with equal parental expectations.

Once again, good old Sam came to save the day by inviting us to his place after school to cheer everyone up. When the final bell rang we (Sam, Bryant, Jin and me) all piled into his car. Of course, the default action would be start up the 360 and play Gears. While we plugged it in the topic fell down to our marks. Jin had a small seizure when he found out my L1B5 was the same as his. I played against Bryant first in Gridlock while Sam occupied himself with my laptop and where to find the secret shop in DotA. I managed one chainsaw kill, but that was about it. I'll face it, I wasn't born for first-person multiplayer.

We moved on to campaign after awhile, which I fare much better at. I managed about 6 kills (4 were chainsaws) in campus grinder. Then I forgot the Number One rule in chainsawing (Do not attempt to chainsaw a Boomer), promptly got owned, and Bryant needed to save me with his longshot. We moved on to another scene, think it was long road home. We had to do this bit several times because Bryant either got killed by the Theron Guard in the house, or I got killed in the courtyard (Mostly it was me), and after several frustrating attempts, we finally made it through, with Bryant sniping down the first Theron Guard that climbed in, and me sawing anything that moved in the courtyard, which included another two Theron Guards that tried to climb in. Next bit involved dashing out for a Hammer of Dawn to kill this Seeder, which unfortunately, was my job as the guy on the ground. I dashed towards it, dropped my Lancer. Then I got chainsawed by a Drone. Jin eventually took over, and after 15 minutes or so, they switched to Call of Duty 2. Of course, since Sam's fourth controller was broken, I elected myself out. Unfortunately, it wasn't as fun being a bystander as in Gears.



I think Sam took pity on me, cause they swapped back to Gears after just 2 rounds. Bryant and Jin continued their campaign until Sam and I took over. I can't believe how anyone could do without a Lancer like the two of them. Worst bit was, I had no idea to fire a bloody Torque Bow, so all my explosive arrows landed at my feet.

After a few more rounds of multiplayer which I served no more as target practice, we had to leave before Sam's mother arrived.



On Chainsaws

Bryant : I'm running out of Longshot rounds!!

Me : Thats why we have THIS!!!! (Saws apart Grenadier Drone)

Dom : Juicy!!


On my multiplayer skills

Bryant : Dude, you just wandered your way back to the starting point

Me : Chainsaw man spends 90% of the time being lost, and the other 10% dead!!

No comments: