Sunday 20 May 2007

Title race

I always get overly emotional when exams arrive, so much so I don't post at all. Physics was good, with an A1 there(75%), though I might get demoted to A2 because of the practical. I got really depressed over E-maths, turns out I failed (45%). On the bright side, I lead the class in A maths with a grand total of............68%. No seriously, I'm the highest with that. Lit came back better than expected (17/25) with me and Bryant just 1 mark away from Kevin Wong. Wei Jee got 21/25 for lit, something about using bombastic words. Sheesh, I say keep it short and simple, all the answers are bulked up enough already. I rank third in class for chem with 25/40, though I'd be first if Mr. Tang didn't give sympathy marks to Zhongxi and Kevin Lee. Just hope Elec History, English and Chinese don't pull my title hopes down. I should be able to finish top ten, but chasing first pretty much out of the question with Jordan doing, surprisingly, exceedingly well for just about everything.

To celebrate the end of the exams, I tagged along with Daryl and Co. to watch Spiderman 3. As usual, William Lum provided pre-show entertainment unwittingly. There's never a moment where you don't laugh at the silly guy or roll your eyes in exasperation. Don't get me wrong, William's a nice guy, but he is so blur. More blur than me in blur mode. I mean, he's intelligent, but blur. And he's so obsessed with his hair and his looks for some reason....

Anyway, once we finished up at Mac's and decided to leave the mystery burger that Andrew took thinking one of us ordered it, we arrived in the cinema a little late to skip all the ads. I'd have to agree it isn't as good as the previous two, but still good nonetheless. Peter Parker does not look good when he went emo, and the Sandman gets knocked out too easily. I mean, when he grew to about 5 storeys tall, he staggers back and falls after two tiny rockets from Harry Osbourne's glider. All I'll say about the ending is that like father like son, Harry gets impaled by his glider as well. Weren't enough fight scenes though.


I sent Homeward Bound to Mrs Ang, to see what she said. Apparently, she felt it was beautiful, but was a slave to rhyme. What kind of poem doesn't rhyme? But she still wants to put it in the Muse (Compilation of the best literary works in the school). If it does make it in, I'll have two entries in next year's Muse, with my Commendation winning Commonwealth Essay being published there too. The thought of that......

No comments: