Saturday 28 April 2007

Manchester United for the treble!!!

The week started off beautifully. Monday was a day of practically no education whatsoever. Someone lost the key to the class, and the class com spent half an hour looking for it. Eventually, they had the maintenance people come down to open the classroom. Even better, Mr. Lam didn't turn up until there was ten minutes left, so all he did was go through answers. The Full Lit guys spent the period moving from area to area because Mrs. Ang couldn't stand the fact that the air-con was down in the usual room, and we couldn't find a good spot. English could hardly constitute as a lesson. Elective History continued as usual, but its normally interesting. Chinese, well, what more can I say?? We spent PSE period learning to change a three pin plug.

Mr Tung left on Wednesday for the US to attend his daughter's graduation ceremony, so we were left without a real maths teacher. For the first period of maths in the day, we had one of the Tamil teachers who could barely speak English relieve us. Old Tung wasn't kidding when he said he doubted if the substitute teachers could teacher maths. The second period, we didn't even get a relief teacher, so you can imagine what it was like. I blew up at Chris today when he told me to get out of the goal when I conceded just one goal, shouting numerous expletives at him, which included screwing himself, only in a much more expressive way. I didn't dare to come back to me after that, and I didn't concede a goal either. Now, I've taken this crap long enough. Admittedly, I haven't done so well lately, but not so badly that Chris demands that he replace me as keeper. Every time a goal is conceded, they blame me, despite the fact that half the goals were conceded because

1. Defenders didn't clear the ball properly. Many times, when they attempt to volley or head away a goal kick, they miss, and I, placing confidence in their ability, ends up suffering, either having to slide across the ground to catch it, or being chewed out by letting a goal in. Might I remind Chris that in one match, he headed the ball right straight into my net. And he thinks being a keeper is easy....

2. The area is so small, you can score from a goal kick easily.

3. Everyone wants some glory, and my defenders abandon me to attempt to score, promptly get dispossessed, and leave me to take on the attackers by myself. Wow, now I'm supposed to be good enough to take on three strikers at once. Either that, or they leave the wings wide open for someone to run down from and score.

Well, today, playing with JC and his mates, I was a keeper with a real set of defenders, who didn't abandon me for goals or block my view. I saved three shots from school team soccer players, and conceded only one goal in the forty minutes I played, upon which my defended admitted it was his mistake. They all said I wasn't bad, and were appalled when I told them Chris wanted me out of goal. Shows what I can do with a real team, with people who don't throw the blame around. Look, just because I'm a little on the passive side Chris, don't even think of moving me out of MY position you stupid fucktarded piece of crap.

Anyway, on a happier note, Manchester United came back from two down at the 50th minute to win 4-2 against Everton at Goodison Park. O'Shea opened up with a goal from a corner kick, Phil Neville equalizing for his former club with an own goal, Rooney slipped a shot from a tough angle for the winner, and set up a never before seen player Eagles to score his first goal. United's lead stretched to 5 points in the Premier League when Chelsea drew with Bolton at home!!! Quadruple eh, Special One?? Don't count on it. The Premier League is ours.

Clocked 25 hours of study so far, almost there...

No comments: