Tuesday 17 April 2007

Its possible to clothesline yourself.

Mr Tung was in his harbinger of doom mode again, warning us that Circle Property questions were the hardest to get marks in since there was so much labeling to be done. After turning a simple circle and triangle into geometrical hieroglyphics that baffled me and just about everyone in class, he announced " Boys, this will get you...... One mark" and went on to drill into us the various symbols and other so called " Essentials". Sam Chou, being the rather expressive person he is, commented that "Aiyah, not worth it lah". At that point, Tung emitted a sound that can only be described as a cross between a city being flattened to ground zero by an N-bomb and a lion roar , and Sam continued his reign as Most "Outstanding" student, after which Tung went back into harbinger of doom mode and turned his dire warnings on our recent graph test which everyone screwed up. Its not the first time Sam Chou has brought the whole class down with him. The first time was when he actually said the F word in front of Miss Matthews during SS when she mentioned she was sworn in as a Singaporean citizen a couple of years back.

But at the end of school, Wayne lightened the mood by running head first into the cordon put up around the track. Kevin apparently decided to stop running into doors and felt stealing Wayne's quadratic curve was more entertaining. In the end, Wayne chased him all the way to the track, Kevin deftly sidestepped him as he made a lunge, causing Wayne to clothesline himself on the cordon. Sam, Bryant and I responded by reciting the "You got OWNED" chant. Pity we didn't get that on video.

Another tragic day, Columbine 2 took place, 22 people already dead. I first heard about while I was half asleep in the car on the way to school on the radio, the news startling me awake. The only other time the radio has had that effect on me is when I heard Man U destroyed AS Roma 7-1 in the Champions League. Most saddening thing was its just days before the anniversary of the Columbine shooting. I heard the shooter was an Asian man. Just a stupid, and probably insensitive theory of mine, but maybe the shooting was inspired by Doom 3, just like Columbine was rumoured to have been inspired by Doom.

Speaking of Doom 3, Sam Loh lent me the game. One weekend with it, and I now spend my nights with a flashlight under the covers, wishing I had a plasma gun instead. At many points, the game just turns annoying when its all dark and I'm forced to use the bloody flashlight to watch the zombies, Imps and the other hellish apparitions sample Space Marine's leg.

Best news I've heard in a long while, Mum and Dad finally trust me enough to leave me and my younger brother and sister behind while they tour Europe for two weeks. The best part is, its right after the exam, and they'll probably miss PTM. Of course, they plan to leave us with Mum's sister, but Mum quietly allowed me to return back here to stay on weekends. She'd have let me stay at home by myself, but I need someone to wake me up, or I'll never get to school. I just hope this isn't one those reality TV shows where the parents tell their kids they'll be out of town for a few days, when they're actually camping a few houses away with camera crews catching everything.


They leave 3 days before the FA Cup Final, which gives me a chance to invite fellow Man U supporters over. Man U ownaged their last two games, 7-1 AS Roma, 4-1 Watford. Chelski on the other hand, have barely survived their last two games, only snatching lucky winners in injury time against Valencia and Blackburn in the Champions League and FA Cup respectively. Only problem Man U has is the defensive crisis. Except for Evra, all the first choice defenders are down, which leaves United one option, which is to score, and score big, like they always have.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, that was classic.

*three of us walking*
Sam: *stops short* What the hell is Kevin doing now?
*thump-clump-clump*
*short pause*
Three of us: You got owned, owned, owned, you got owned, owned, owned...

- Sgt. Fuzzy

Counsel Of Reminesence said...

Really should have recorded that, would've have made a hell good video for Youtube. Hell, we could have sent it to America's funniest home videos if this was America.