Tuesday 16 June 2009

CUH-RIT!!

Things to do this holiday
-------------------------
Convert Tim to TF2ism (Done)
Study properly (I'm working on it)
Get all the new unlocks (Just the Cloak and Dagger left)
Get all the old unlocks (Just the ubersaw left)
-------------------------

And that's about all that I can do with the time remaining. I was trying to clear up all engagements before Sam gets back sometime this week, but with the quarantine in effect, it looks like we'll have to battle our way through hordes of men in biohazard suits to get to his house.

The holiday is the first time since I got to AC that I can finally drop everything and simply put up my apathy-shield/umbrella to everything that demands my attention. Come to think about it, I should put my apathy shield up for more things that I used to feel weren't important.

Because it frees up time for TF2. The two new Spy watches will ensure the old invisibility watch will never get used ever again once you gain either unlock for most people, but my spy skills have gone down the drain after two months of neglect.

Strangely, all my other classes save the Demoman have gotten *better* with two months of neglect. Positive K-D ratios are now *common* to me! And not to boast (eh, who am I kidding?), but when I play Sniper or Soldier, I help enemy Spies get the High Value Target achievement. (You need to backstab an enemy who is dominating at least three of your teamates.)

Sniper is really the way to rack up kills very fast, especially on 2fort. Here's some food for though.

It took me 7 months since I bought TF2 before I got Fire Chief for Pyro (Get 1000 kills as Pyro)

It took me just two weeks of playing to get Kill Everyone You Meet (Get 1000 kills as Sniper)

Admittedly, I've done little but play Sniper the last two weeks, and it was on a 2fort instant respwan server...

The new unlocks for Sniper aren't fantastic. The Huntsman makes Sniper a dangerous close-combat class according to Bryant, but a close range Sniper is kind of paradoxical to me...

Jarate ensures for much lols, and it's useful. By covering your enemies in piss, every hit on them will be a mini-crit, it can extinguish you and your teamates if you happen to be on fire, and it can reveal cloaked Spies. And it's funny. 3 uses to add to Brainiac's 101 Uses for a Wee.

Razorback is fAiL... 1 word. Ambassador.

As for the Soldier...

I used to hate this class. Now, I love it. Unlike my other three prefered classes (Medic, Heavy, Pyro), I can actually fight, and fight at just about any range. And crit rockets! Nothing makes my inner child smile more than hearing the electrical sizzling when a crit rocket is fired off, the bright, sparkling comet of doom zooming at all the poor suckers in range. At times like this, I always think the same though. Mates, you are all fucked.

It's fast becoming Tim's favourite class too. He's already racked up a more impressive record with the Soldier than I have, though Steam being the bitch is can be, didn't take it down.

Quote from the Spy when dominating a Scout : Here lies Scout. He lived fast, and died a virgin.

No comments: