Monday 23 March 2009

Searching for the Right One

Me once again at my traditional Welcome the New School Term Night, which I normally spend rushing through the holiday homework, or if I've been a good boy, having a fragfest on TF2/COD4/Fallout 3, followed by the traditional blog entry.

Yeah, searching is what I spent Saturday doing, looking for the right present for...wait, that's supposed a surprise for Ollyvia...

Meh, what the heck, we're giving the scarf to her on Tuesday, and it's not like news gets around very fast through here unless it involves Matthew's DotA pride.

Ollyvia's moving away to Michigan at the end of the month, and with her birthday coming up soon, we (i.e me and Ronald) thought it would be a good idea to get her a birthday present suited to the climate there. Our (okay, fine, his) idea? A scarf.

The original plan was also to split the cost just between ourselves (also his idea). Yes, I know, me and him are starting to end up like Commander Vimes and Captain Carrot. Anyway, we planned to meet up on Saturday to shop for a scarf for her.

Unfortunately, he suddenly couldn't make it. Panic.

The thought of two "first thing fits me" guys when it comes to fashion and accessories going shopping for a girl's scarf was hilarious. The thought of me going alone however, was not.

Enter Rebecca. I am so damned grateful she could make it on such short notice to go shopping with me. I've had bad experience with department stores since I was 4...

----
Micro : Mum, I'm boooored...I'm tired, can we go home now...

Mum : Just few (10) more dresses Cheng, and we'll go home.
----

Yeah, bad days.

She's a self-confessed perpetual latecomer, so that saved me since she arrived later than I did.

We did still spend a couple of hours simply finding a scarf that seemed appropriate and was within our price range, hopping from Far East to Wisma to Tang Plaza and....well, I lost track after that.

Not that that long time was a bad thing. Bryant's already prepared me for shopping with girls (his record was 45 minutes at Kino. Yes, I timed), and Rebecca makes for great conversation, despite both of us being quiet by AC standards. So far the only I've met in AC I can have a conversation at length with, after Caleb of course.

That's mostly my fault too, according to her. She says I need to talk to more people in the class.

Ordered the cake as I made my way back home, and Beck, I'm afraid we won't have enough cake to splatter on Ollyvia's head, unless some noble soul would like to donate their piece of cake for so she can have one last lulz with the class. Or the class can have one last lulz at her, either way works for me.

Which reminds me...

I seem to have picked up three labels I never thought would end up with me.

-----
Rebecca : Mrs Chiang was quite surprised you left for the rugby tour.

Micro : How come?

Rebecca : She said you looked too refined to be in rugby.

Micro : Er...okay...

Rebecca : I also didn't think you looked like one, you look too quiet and gentle.

-----

Quiet, refined and gentle. And it's not just them. It seems that way to everyone from the PW teacher all the way to some people on the team.

I told Moses about it. I got a "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE WITH THE REAL CHENG HENG!!?!?!" in reply. I appear to be growing up without knowing... My 16 year old self is going "What have you done to yourself mate?"

Of course, I'm not saying they are bad labels. Very different from what I'm used to though. Could certainly get used to it.

1 comment:

ollyvia!! said...

THANKS CHENG HENG!!i'll use the scarf:D and thanks for sending me off:D