Sunday 18 May 2008

Respite Before the Tempest

The pressure from the Chinese O-Level is getting to me. Due in a week's time, there isn't much time left before it.

Am I ready for it? Probably. Will I pass for certain? No, that is the extent of my uLtRa noobness of my Chinese. Am I scared. Hell to the HELL yes!

I've always been terrible at Chinese. Mostly because I lived in Vietnam and Australia for the first 5-6 years of my life, and no one bothering to teach me the basics when I got back.(Got Thrown into a Chinese class not knowing how to even greet the teacher in Chinese at Primary 1)

While my Mid Year Chinese is somewhat promising,(It wasn't a really bad fail, just one mark off passing) and I heard a third of the level failed as well, combined with the fact that O-Levels are easier than normal school exams, I thought I'd be more confident, but I'm not.

Dammit, its so bad, I can't derive pleasure from many things, not from the fact that Untied has won the title and will probably beat Chelsea in the Champions League, and it destroys my writing mood, which isn't good given how I'm starting on something big now. Much big. Very big. Uber big. MADA OF ALL BIGS! Fine, not that big. But its big. I might get the courage to post it up here when its more complete.

All I've got now is the introduction and one chapter (Okay, half a chapter).

It'll all have to wait till my Chinese is over, provided I feel confidant enough of passing...

And a question to all, do butlers do actual household chores like sweeping and cleaning, or are they just there to provide typical British sarcasm and be prime suspects in murder plots?

No comments: