Sunday 13 January 2008

First of all, let me say a very happy 16th birthday to both the Tims I know, Tim Foo, and Tim Kwok (Yes, I know I'm a week late).

Tim Foo had his birthday party yesterday, a week early if I remember right. I was supposed to get there at 6, my parents got lost trying to navigate to his place, the house numbering coming to an abrupt end at 102 when he said he stayed at number 4 on the same street. When we finally found out that there were two sections that of that same street that were split into two, I finally arrived half an hour late, spotting Poh Chih and him walking to the field at the back of his house with Chris to play soccer.

Apparently I wasn't the only one who as late. Most had arrived by 7, save Raghaav, who got lost as expected. Tim finally found him wandering around a few streets away at around seven thirty, and we could finally get the game started. The game itself was hilarious, mostly since the ground was wet and muddy from the rain. Joel ran around holding his pants up the whole game to keep them clean, Reuben tried not to get his black nail polish washed off (A failure), people missed easy goals because they couldn't see the ball in the dark, the trees were the top scorers with 3 goals, I threw a frog I found on the field at Poh Chih midway through the game, Raghaav nearly broke his neck taking a kick when he slipped and fell, and we managed to roll Zhongxi through the mud just before we ended.

We finally came in close to 9 after Keith nearly killed Joel with a shot, and queued up to take a bath (It took as all nearly an hour to get cleaned off) before we got around to having dinner out in Tim's backyard. Despite the generous spread of food before us, I seemed to be the only one with a significant appetite. Chris suddenly realized it was already 10+ and he needed to be home so we hurried up with the cake cutting so everyone could rush home in time for their curfews.

Coach's selection of the 22 player squad will depend on the match tomorrow St. Andrews on their new artificial turf. My bid for a starting position is shaky at best, doomed at worst. Right now, I just want to fight my way onto the 22 man squad first, then take it from there. My last chance for redemption is at hand, my hand must not falter.

No comments: