Wednesday 5 December 2007

In the thick of it

Well, halfway into the holidays, and I'm certainly enjoying it. After sleeping before midnight for a change, I managed to get up somewhere around 8, knocked the Imeperial Guard off Kronus in the Dark Crusade campaign, which leaves only the Chaos.

Went to Bryant's at around 3 so he could begin to pay off the money he owes me after I photostated a few things for him and copy down the questions we need to do for Chemistry homework. Since he's broke after buying yet more Birds Of Prey comics, I decided the best form of payment was via Gamecube hours. Speaking of Birds Of Prey, apparently, the Gail Simone posting on his blog is apparently the real deal. Yes, the actual author (Okay, ex-author) of Birds Of Prey is visiting his blog on a regular basis. Of course, both her and her husband now refer to Bryant as "the Sex Man", since all they remember of him were the nature of his questions (See his blog for details). Then again, with the ex-author of your favourite comic visiting your site on a regular, a guy can't really ask for more can he??

Anyway, on to the visit. Despite having a new widescreen plasma TV that has ports specially designated for running diagnostics tests, we couldn't figure out a way to hook his Gamecube up to it. In the end we gave up and played on on the TV in his bedroom, smaller, older, but reliable with the plugin ports in obvious areas. I continued with RE4 where I left of at Sam's place. Mendes, one of the boss fights, must have got stuck in a nuclear chamber with an insect of sorts, or his mum had a thing for centipedes. We have now dubbed all the herbs smokable weed, the combo of Green, Red and Yellow herbs mother of all weed, and the First Aid Spray as Weed Substitute. Eventually I reached the water room where out of frustration, I finally gave up and we moved on the Super Smash Bros Melee. I just can't remember how I got past it with only the bolt action rifle the first time we played it.

----------
(Arriving at pile of rubbish in RE4)
Me : Is that searchable??
Bryant : Yeah, we'll find a colony of Slummers already camping there
Me : Geroff, this my patch see??
----------

Super Smash Bros Melee was a massacre, with Bryant showing no remorse as he hacked the living crap out of the adorable little pink puffball Kirby with Marth. I used to think Marth was a chick till corrected at Sam's place. Seriously though, what kind of guy wears a tiara??

No comments: