Wednesday 15 August 2007

Such a mixture one can feel....

Well, exams again, and my hours of mugging had prepared me well for both A and E maths. I've lost a few marks on both out of carelessness, if not, I could have made a push at full marks for both. Chemistry went along smoothly, with no confirmed mark losses yet!! Full Lit went okay, but History is a disaster I wish not to speak of. Its really strange when you feel elated but depressed at the same time.

Apparently, more people read this blog than I thought. Matthew found out that I posted his unlucky, but still humiliating, loss to me through George. I shall state again, though grudgingly, I won on luck.

Anyway, in between studying, I happened to see an article on time travel. I thought about it, and came to the conclusion that going back in time to change something is simply not possible by all counts of logic.

1. If you did you back in time to change something, say, kill Hitler and prevent World War 2 and the genocide of 6 million Jews from happening. You somehow went back, and stuck a pistol up his ass and fired till the chambers were empty.

2. So because of your noble act, World War 2 never happens. However, because it never happened, your future self never finds the urge to return in time to stop this atrocity. So he/she never goes back in time to kill Hitler, so World War 2 does happen.

3. See the paradox?? This apparently applies to everything, from going back in time to tell your past self the answers to the test you screwed to hell, or uttering that stupid line to the pretty girl next door. So, I have just proven going back in time is simply not possible, not because the technology isn't there, but because logic prevents you from doing so. Its as possible as getting a dog from crossing an alligator and a shark.

No comments: