Thursday 30 August 2007

Kick back and relax!

I now sit in the comfort of my room while the rain beats down heavily outside, with my laptop and charger in front of me. While most of my classmates, in fact most of the Sec 3s, are suffering in waterlogged tents in soggy clothes, with little or no sleep for the past 3 days. They couldn't have scheduled OBS Singapore at a worse time. For the last 3 days since Monday, rain has fallen from the heavens without fail. I'm not sure whether I should be laughing or pitying the poor guys in Ubin as I sit in civilization.

For the infirm and those going to OBS Sabah, we were still required to go to school. Quite frankly I feel they should have just made it a holiday for us, since they complained so much about how troublesome it was to arrange extra lessons for those staying behind. Most of the teachers didn't really feel like giving real lessons, and we either did worksheets or watched something in the Lecture Theatre. So far, we've seen Bend It Like Beckham and In the Name of the Father.

The last four days have been spent poking Wayne and the other "Unfit" people who were exempted from OBS. All the teachers are going on and on about the final year, as well as slagging all "Unfit" people and their lousy attitude toward blah blah blah...

A wonderful end to a wonderful term. It marks my best ever academic performance in SJI. With 4A1s, all Maths and Science, and third in class with an average of 69.5 and an L1R5 of 12, this has been a terrific term. It now closes off with a quiet last four days, and my parents departing to Chicago soon during the holidays!! What more could a teen ask for!?!?!

No comments: