Saturday 7 July 2007

I find myself unable to concentrate on doing most of my homework lately. Probably still in a holiday mood, really got to shake that off fast, I can't afford to get off track anymore.

Determined not to become little more than target practice in Gears, I looked around for a few multiplayer tips. Sadly, IGN gave the Lancer, and the 133t chainsaw bayonet a rather scathing review, labeling it as a noob weapon. Then again, they do think that the Hammerburst shoots in 4 round bursts.....

Watching a Gears Sniper montage, I was thinking to myself, are there chainsaw montages as well?? Bryant and Sam vehemently denied this when I asked, and so I set out to prove them wrong. I found a video on Youtube of a guy chainsawing his way around XBL, even using my favourite Theron Sentinel, the montage showing him sawing apart every COG player from Carmine to Hoffman. However, when Bryant took a closer look at the video, we realized that a good number of his kills were either KSed (Kill-steal) or he was taking advantage of the lag that didn't affect him as the host. He even thought I could chainsaw better than that (6 Therons in a row on Insane)!!

Recently, I've been reading the webcomic Alien Loves Predator. The storyline revolves around an extremely horny and desperate Alien xenomorph named Abe and a shortsighted Predator named Preston. Instead of following their age-old tradition and attempting to tear each other's guts out, they live happily together in New York, with Jesus being signed as a batter for the Yankees and moving in with them so they can share the rent. One of my favourite excerpts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
British Man: Could you please point me to the Tube good chap?

Preston: What?? Speak English man, oh, you must mean the Subway.

British Man: You have a fag to spare??

Preston: (Looking around frantically) Down here, we call them homosexuals. And no, I
do not have one to spare!!!

Brit : Sorry, I meant cigarette.

Brit : Whew, speaking American English is a real chink in my armour.

Preston: Asian-American you mean. And down here, its called armor.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sigh, was Feng Lan's birthday today. I intended to write a small birthday poem, but my creative juices went out on me, and I couldn't come up with anything appropriate for someone's sixteenth birthday.....

Which is kind of worrying, I haven't written anything in quite a while thats worth noting. Hope I haven't lost my touch......

Anyhow, Happy Sweet Sixteen FL!!!

No comments: