Tuesday 20 February 2007

The Hunt Is Over

Looks like all the holidays have to come to an end. Three days of hunting, and $200 more for the Xbox fund, with Sam mentioning that if all three of us put our cash together, we'd have "enough for the 360, 4 controllers, Live and still have enough for booze and cars". Things we looking good till we hit a wall. Bryant's dad is okay with him getting the 360, but not with us helping him to get it. I have no idea what Sam's reaction to this was ( Reception is bad in the Slums ), since I haven't heard from him, but mine was one of puzzlement. I mean, I don't see anything wrong with Sam and I pitching in as well, especially with him not shelling out anything. Looks like I'll have to call on my old days in Mafia Two Nought Two and do some under the table dealing. Hope Bryant managed to talk him round, I really need a Gears Of War source within walking range. Guess I succumbed to Bryant and Sam's ceaseless preaching of it......

I soon forgot that when I reached JC's place for the third wave of collections. Its a tradition for the kids to play block catching at his place, with the older ones like me adding a more tactical and strategic element to it. Somehow, his flat offers a sense of suspense, with three stairways and a elevator in the middle. Hell, its so good it should be a Halo map or something. The thrill of closing in on the target, with your teamates cutting off all possible exits, waiting for your command to begin the slaughter, or the fear and suspense you go through as the target, trying to stay alive as long as possible, always watching behind your back or listening at the stairways for your doom. Its hard to explain, but its good. In between matches I'd run back to JC's house and drink yet another bowl of shark fin soup ( I know its wrong, but I was so hungry.......... ). While I was at it, I mananged to grab a DotA disc from him. I just can't believe such a popular game is so easy to get like that.

2 comments:

Sgt. Fuzzy said...

Man, that sounds pretty sweet. More of a Gears map than a Halo one, anyway. I was going to say something else but I forgot (sucks when that happens), so meh. Anyway, in light of the crappy results received (both you and me, bro) I probably have to wait until next term to get the 360. Heck with my dad's not wanting me to share lah.

- Sgt. Fuzzy

Counsel Of Reminesence said...

The next term WILL be better. I'll make sure of it.