Monday 27 July 2009

WTF...Where Did That Come From?

Yesterday, I had the dubious privilege of consciously watching myself fall sick with fever. While most enlightening actually feeling the fever take over, it wasn't fun. Definitely wasn't fun.

Usually, one wakes up with the said illness, but in the space of an hour I went from cursing the Economics independent worksheet to a shivering wreck on the floor.

First sign was the chills. I was resisting the urge to start up TF2/SwiftKit while doing the damned worksheet when I suddenly felt really, really cold. Which was weird, given how it supposed to be a hot day.

I realized something was wrong when the headache came in. That was definitely something wrong, I actually slept the night before.

It all proceeded to fall to shit from there. My parents found me a shivering wreck under my blanket with the windows closed and fans off at 30 degrees.

By the time I reached the clinic my temperature was 38.5, which I realized, even in my connection-lost-to-reality-attemtping-to-re-establish state, was a record. Normally, I abnormally low temperatures (<36) because the thermometer I bring is probably broken and only for show.

While the doctor admitted I was in bad shape, he seemed pretty certain it wasn't H1N1. So that means no 7 day holiday for anyone in contact with me.

My 7 day MC however, means I miss the CWC session this week. I feel *really* guilty about having joined but never going because of training, but even when I can go, something else turns up. (First Chinese A-Level oral, followed by this).

No comments: