Sunday 3 May 2009

Hollow

---------------

Your caring façade worked so well, all laughter and fake smiles

Hell, I’ll admit, you managed to fool even me for awhile

But now it’s not hard to see past your deceptive screen of lies

Which shields your true colours from everything save my two eyes

You carried yourself around so confident, so self-assured

As you watched everyone in the room hang on to your every word

You even took it upon yourself to save the silent and forgotten

Not out of charity but rather evil motives misbegotten

Now the one you’ve hypnotized and taken under your leathery wing

Is little more than a flesh puppet which you use to sing

High praises of yourself, but with another’s tongue

Greasing your way upwards through society’s rungs

But I’d like to warn you now, I’m not the sole person who can see

Past your mask and shallow mind, yes, there are more like me

Already, we’ve tried to sabotage and sour

Your undeserved bid for formal power

I know life is no drama, and you might not fall

Regardless of the outcomes, the Unseen Seer will watch all

Along with the many who have the foresight

And the strength to resist your charm's might

Is that why you loathe me, fear me, keep me sequestered and afar?

Because I can see past your act for what you really are

------------------


I never work without inspiration. What does that say about the above?

No comments: