Monday 30 July 2007

Panic

Piano exam today, though frankly I'd rather have a normal day of school. The examiner was a friendly Caucasian man, but that didn't stop me from freaking out. Nervous, and stuck with an unfamiliar piano, I started of terribly, screwed my scales to hell because I was so tense and jittery. Pieces were pretty decent, sight reading was okay, aural was so-so. Hopefully I can still pass......

Determined to take advantage of the remainder of my free day, and forget the depressing piano exam, I spent most of the day in my room with laptop. I've only just remembered that I need to dig up my E maths book from somewhere. Hopefully I haven't missed much, with the exams drawing nearer......

Even so, it didn't prevent me from writing another poem I've been working on between lulls in Literature and History and other various spaces of time in school where thinking in general is not done and often not required (*cough* PSE *cough*).



Winter's Day
-------------
Snow falls lightly like cotton puffs
Smoothening the landscape, no longer rough
The freshness of winter is all around
All life in the forest slumbers underground
Tucked away from the freezing sting
Awaiting the eventual advent of spring
Deeper into the forest I walk along
There is no curious chirping, nor cheerful birdsong
For now, there is a peaceful absence of sound
A tranquil silence prevails abound
There is a strange beauty in this icy wood
Its something in its sombre mood
Onward into the forest I press
As a chilling wind blows from the west
The sun sets below a horizon covered in snow
Giving it an alluring reflected glow
As evening falls I return
To my home where a warm fire burns
The light in the sky fades away
Signaling the end of another winter's day.
-----------------------------------------

Funniest thing is, I've never seen a winter with snow.

No comments: