Thursday 26 July 2007

Green Day got owned


Now what was it I was supposed to do again?


First things first, the 7th and final installment of Harry Potter, well, at least it ties up loose ends. A bit on the unrealistic side at times (Yes, I know its a fantasy), I mean, which couple would kiss each other while carrying armfuls of giant poisonous snake fangs and a battle that could decide the destiny of the world raging just outside. Half the book comprised of them wandering around various forests in Europe, and them arguing while they were at it.


School ended early today for some reason, and I for one, don't look gift horses in the mouth. Tagging along with some of the old 202, we watched the Simpsons movie at HBD Hub. Cinema was completely empty save for a few lower sec guys in the front.


The movie was like three Simpsons episodes joined into one. Starts off with Bart writing " I will not download this movie illegally." in the blackboard opening, and Green Day singing the opening song on a barge in the middle of Springfield Lake. After which, they promptly get owned like this.

Green Day : We've been singing for 3 and a half hours straight now, so now we'd like to take a minute to discuss the pollution of your lake.

(Crowd boos them and throws even more rubbish at the barge)

Green Day : Everyone, please stop!!! Your polluted river is dissolving our barge!!

(Moe throws a large rock, which goes through a drum and hits the drummer in the gonads as barge beings to sink)

Green Day : Oh well.... (All take violins out and play as the barge sinks Titanic Style)

After which, the town erects a anti-dumping barrier to stop people dumping into the lake, but it does nothing to stop Homer from jettisoning a large silo of pig crap from a pig he saved from being killed in a commercial. The lake becomes so poisonous, the US government seals the town from the rest of the world by placing a large dome over it to prevent the spread of the pollution. Blowing town by escaping through a sinkhole, the Simpsons eventually return to rescue the town from being blown up by the government as well.


Ms Chia dropped by my class to get my Commended Commonwealth Essay, requesting that it be sent in before the end of the day. Paranoid about losing my chance to have my work posted in the Muse, I had Sam write a note on my arm. Just sent it to her now. I also asked about Homeward Bound since Mrs Ang said she showed it to her. With any luck, I'll get two pieces in the 2007 edition.....

No comments: